Thursday, September 8, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Thursdays


Welcome to this week's edition of "Awkward & Awesome"
{images above: "scenes" from my WVU snowglobe}

Don't forget to check out my friends' blogs to follow along on their "Awkward & Awesome" posts as well. Erica and Heather never dissapoint! Have a great weekend...and here's hoping you avoid any awkard moments and only encounter the awesome ones. {but if you have the inevitable awkard...I hope you're able to laugh about it!}


The Awkward:
  •  Having to get a perscription filled for 31 tubes of  cream...all at once. Talk about getting weird glances, especially as the lady at the counter shouted back to the pharmacist "do we even HAVE that many?!" Totally appreciated her subtly in asking that. Ha!
  •  {ok, before you all go running and hide your children in fear of whatever has made me need to get that absurd amount of anything from a pharmacy, let me calm your fears.....I'm having surgery on my nose soon and I simply just have to do this nasal rinse everyday leading up to it; this cream is what I mix into the solution.}
  • While I'm on the topic of noses...do you use those netty pot things? The whole squeezing liquid up one nostral and having it come pouring out of the other really just falls on top of the "awkward" list for me. Especially when my cat hops up on the counter and watches. Everytime I use it I just can't help but giggle...which of course makes me wind up tasting the solution, which makes me grimace...and that's a whole 'nother level of awkward to catch a glimpse of yourself doing in the bathroom mirror...ok, I need to change to subject. Why couldn't I have just knocked over a huge display of Animal Crackers in the store or something? I'll try to do better next week.
  • talking about your nose and things you put up it. awkward. {Sorry!} hehe

The Awesome:

  • Snowglobes! Even cheapies at the tourist trap shops along the highways....little worlds with glittery snow falling on them just make me happy. My hubby & I have a big WVU one that plays a music box version of "Country Roads" when you wind it up. I love it!
  • Enjoying a book that just sucks you in...I love getting lost in another world. I've been trying to read for at least 30 mins every night before falling asleep, and the past couple books I've picked up have had me burning the midnight oil because I just couldn't put them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment