Friday, March 23, 2012

Sweet Little "A" turns One! {Birthday Bash mini}

{the image on the bottom right above cracked me up- it's like he was saying "Wow! I can't believe I'm one...where does the time go?"}

Yeah! The uber-adorable and oh-so-sweet mr "A"  is now the big O-N-E...which means I got to enjoy photographing him again in honor of the big occasion! I was thrilled when his Mom asked me to design his
First Birthday party invitations, and honestly very touched as well. This is the third time within a year that I've
been given the honor of capturing this family's treasured moments, and that isn't something I take for granted. What a tremendous compliment they have paid me by allowing me to tell their story through my lens...I am very grateful, and certainly look forward to telling more of their story in the future...

So you've probably noticed that little A is sporting not only a cool little "party animal" alligator on his outfit, but also a big old cast - poor little guy! But in true "I-may-be-beyond-adorable-but-I'm-also-a-tough-guy" fashion, that cast was not stopping him from going about his day. Hey, when you're the big one you've got places to go and people to see ...
For A's session we photographed in his backyard, and for a couple of different "looks" I used some plants and a fence as one backdrop and then made a fabric & ribbon backdrop for the other. Since I had the opportunity to see the outfit A was going to be wearing in advance, I was able to match my fabric choices
perfectly...I really loved how it turned out.{bonus-those colors are what I will be using in my little one's nursery so when we have our "Welcome Home" party to introduce him/her to our friends and family I will definitely get to use that ...I'm thinking backdrop to the food table!} With the way his little hand was in this photo I couldn't help but make a version with him holding a drawn balloon.
 I get to see A and his Mom today as they come to pick up their custom designed invitations and prints - I can't wait for them to see them, and I certainly can't wait to see them and  show them the little surprise 'thank you' I added - coordinating "thank you" cards for A to send out to his party guests!

1 comment: