Saturday, February 21, 2009

With loving memories...



On a personal note, my family has had to say goodbye this morning to my Auntie Helen. She lived a fabulous 88 years, and we all have so so so many warm and love-filled memories thanks to her. She was contagiously optomistic, and just always has had a special place in my heart and life. I will miss her.
As some of you know, a couple years ago my childhood home was completly destroyed in a fire - it's moments like these when you want to have a photo to hold on to that the magnitude of what it means to not have those left to hold really sets in. I did, however, find these two photos on a CD of images of of my Uncles sent me...and eventhough Auntie Helen isn't in them, they are perfect. Some of my BEST memories are of our "Chicago Christmases" growing up...ALL my Dad's side of the family together laughing and enjoying life. And they were always at Auntie Helen's house....dinners in the basement where the magical player-piano was, playing with cousins in the living room....just those simple moments in life that stay with you forever. The first pic is from my Dad's childhood, then second from mine....both from Christmases at Auntie Helen's. (That's my Dad with the blowhorn in the first....that's me in the blue dress on the left in the second) I am blessed to have the amazing family and fantastic memories that I have...and I know Auntie Helen will love knowing that we all remember the warmth and love we felt at her home for so many years...

No comments:

Post a Comment