Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Out & About












My hubby and I finally had a chance to sneak away for some "us" time this past weekend, so we hit up Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Santa Monica. Much to my excitement, within the first hour of walking around we happened to stumble upon an on-location filming of some scenes for the new 90210! Of course waaaay back in the day I loved the original show, and this scene we caught just happened to be Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling ... guess now I have a legitimate reason to watch the new version; gotta see if that scene makes the cut! I am very proud of our dog, Quilla...she played it cooled and didn't create any "Marley & Me" moments while out and about with us. (Those of you who know Quilla know how she can be....gotta love her....) She did get lots of love from one of the assistant directors, though...
Lots of rain in LA this weekend, but that didn't stop us from seeing all the sites. We definetely enjoyed The Farmer's Market, and Saturday the sun came out for a perfect day to hit up Venice Beach. Great little getaway...
Lots of updates on the website now, and I'll be adding some more photos to the galleries this week as well. In the studio I'm working on several different art projects, including some hand-painted furniture and cut paper collage designs. I'm having a blast with my art lessons, and next week the second session of the home schoolers' art classes begin so there's no time to dilly-dally but I wouldn't have it any other way!




No comments:

Post a Comment