Monday, June 7, 2010

Belly Laughs {Trisha & Kyle with little Jack}


OK-I'm having waaay too much fun....this can't really be a Monday, can it? {not complaining one bit!}

Saturday morning was a blast! I love maternity sessions....and Trisha & Kyle are such a cool couple, so that just made it even more delicious of a session for me. Trisha and I started chatting about their session a while back, and as soon as she mentioned that her hubby had painted a tree mural for baby Jack's nursery {and her love of "The Tree of Life"} I knew we had their theme!
We headed out to Rainbow Basin early Saturday AM to incorporate some Joshua Trees into their portraits to represent the Tree of Life. {I purchased some textures to use with their session in mind...and I've been having waaaay too much fun playing around with them. Somebody's gonna have to stop me or else I'll never finish proofing and getting designs done before I leave on Thursday! hehehe}


{The textured ones above are all done with one called "Field of Gold" ... I love the vintage feel!}
When I was first talking to Trisha, she described her & Kyle as "Crunchy" {I love it!} so I thought these textures would fit their personalities :-)


We also hit the studio...I just love Trisha's belly laugh in this one above!! Kyle was talking to Jack....I think this was when he told Jack to "get a job!"
{for this one I did a black & white overlay, then played around with the opacity}


Keeping with the tree theme, I bought washable paint for Kyle to recreate the nursery mural on Trisha's belly...and Trisha had her necklace...


Oh my gosh, you two - I cannot thank you enough for being so fun to work with! {and for getting up so early!!} I cannot wait to meet baby Jack and work with you guys again...sooooo hope you love your sneak peek!!! I have to head to the COG's farewell in a little bit, and I so don't want to pull myself away from the computer to finish proofing your session!!

I have to also thank my new friend, Jeanette! We struck up a friendship while planning her family session, and she's a fellow "clickaholic" {why do I prefer that term over "photog?"}. She came along with us for the session to watch. It was fun having someone to "talk shop" with on the ride out to Rainbow Basin!! {And I so hope it really does work out for us to link up for some conferences!!}




1 comment:

  1. Omg Missie!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to show Kyle when he gets home from work - and those vintage-ish textures are PERFECT for our little desert photo shoot! You did such an amazing job capturing us!!!! I can't wait to have our pictures hanging in our house : Thank you so much!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete