Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life Behind the Lens

It's been just about a month since Mike had his last chemo treatment; tomorrow he has his CT scan, and then we'll just have to hold our breaths a few days longer until the results come in. We're feeling confident that everything worked the way it was supposed to, and that life can truly start getting back to normal. (I must admit, though, that I will kinda miss his bald head... when he's thinking and get those cute little forehead wrinkles of his it just looks extra kissable with the naked noggin'!)



Eventhough there's still a long road ahead - additional surgery & 7 years of monitoring - it's been such a release emotionally and physically to know that the chemo side of life is over for us. We've been able to hit the gym more, eat veggies again (Mike had to avoid raw fruit/veggies while on chemo), and not feel so panicked about germs in public places. Our butts even survived a 5k on the 4th! (and we've run the equivalent several times since...) I feel like my old aerobaholic self is starting to weasel her self back through all these cobwebs! Whooohooo!



With all this comes revived inspirations & thoughts floating through my head,(as I wrote that I had flashbacks to childhood car trips in the ol' stationwagon...I can hear my brother's cracks about "smelling smoke" right now...), and even better, some actual free time to act on it!

Today I rediscovered an old love - Shel Silverstein poems. So, I just wanted to share one of my favorites with you, (I have many). This is from "Where the Sidewalk Ends"

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
Went for a ride in a flying shoe.
"Hooray!"
"What fun!"
"It's time we flew!"
Said Ickle, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle was Captain, and Pickle was crew
And Tickle served coffee and muligan stew
As higher
And higher
And higher they flew,
Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
Over the sun and beyond the blue.
"Hold on!"
"Stay in!"
"I hope we do!"
Cried Ickle, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
Never returned to the world they knew,
And nobody
Knows what's
Happened to
Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment