Wednesday, January 14, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS, ALI !!!

A huge congratulations to Photographer Ali Mocabee....someone I am incredibly lucky to know & whom I owe a lot to. Her work, "Yellow Brick Road" was selected by the editors of PCPhoto magazine as the Grand Prize Winner in the This is My World contest! It will be appearing in the March/April 2009 issue...you can bet your bibby I'll be asking her to autograph a copy for me :-)
I met Ali when we were stationed in Kansas, and she has been a HUGE influence on me and I really admire her & her work. For those of you familiar with the Manhattan, KS, area this photo was taken out at Konza Prairie.

If you're headed to Ft Riley, you're in luck!!! Make sure you call her to get an appointment .... there's a link to her site on my site, so some of you may have already seen some of her amazing work. Check her out! www.alimocabeedesigns.com Congratulations, Ali!! You rock!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you for that, Missie! It definitely feels awesome to have finally won something and to be recognized for it! I'll keep you posted as we get closer to March on the magazine!

    ReplyDelete